Diet apps are ten-a-peny in the App Store so you need to do a bit of research to find exactly what you're after. Are you wanting to lose weight? Gain weight? Put on muscle? Improve your overall health? You have to answer these questions first before you start to look for an app to help you find the right diet.
We've done a bit of digging and come up with some of the best diet apps available for iPhone. If you want access to a huge database of food items and the ability to track intake of calories, fat, sugars salt etc, check out Tap & Track -Calorie Counter. If you have access to a computer throughout the day you might want an app that's linked with a website, allowing you to update your meals and food items quickly. If this sounds useful for you, check out Calorie Counter PRO by MyNetDiary or MyPlate Calorie Tracker.
The Tap & Track calorie counting app has over 500,000 food items and allows you to insert your own meals. The app includes a daily overview of what you've consumed so far, allowing you to track your progress quickly throughout the day.
- Over 500,000 food items accessible offline
- Over 700 restaurants
- Daily overview of calories, fat, sugars, carbs and more
- Track your exercise
- BMI calculator
- Add your own meals
My Macros+ Diet, Weight and Calorie Tracker is developed by a former bodybuilder, Jason Loewy, and includes menu items for the most popular fast food restaurants.
- Developed by a professional bodybuilder, Jason Loewy
- Track and monitor your weight
- 20,000+ food records
- Includes menu items from popular fast foot restaurants
- Set and track your daily goals
- Access most common items quickly and add to favourites option
If you want all the help you can get to reach your target weight, the Calorie One app includes plenty of advice on how to reach your goals, including nutritional facts and RDA's based on your profile.
- Calorie, weight and exercise tracking
- Daily calorie budget display
- Set your overall goals and the app will help you reach them
- View recommended RDAs based on your profile
- Custom nutrient settings for food items so you can quickly view what's important to you
Calorie Counter Pro is another calorie counting app that's linked with a website, making it a doddle to update when you're at your computer. If also has an in-built barcode scanner allowing you to add items while you're browsing the supermarket.
- Over 535,000 foot items
- Inbuilt barcode scanner
- Offline mode
- Add your own meal and diet information on it's sister website
- Daily and weekly feedback helping you improve what you eat
- Keep track of your water intake
Track your calories and body measurements, set custom goals, add your own recipes and access a 'Calorie Counter' magazine. These are just some of the features included in the Calorie Counter Plus: diets and activities app.
- Named best app iPad Health & Fitness category in App Store Rewind
- Helps you control weight loss or weight gain
- Set custom goals and stay motivated
- Setup diets and activity schedules
- 500,000 + food items
- 50,000 + recipes or create your own
- Access 'Calorie Counter' magazine for help and tips on getting healthy
- Automatic BMI calculation
It's all good tracking the calories we're consuming and keeping within the RDA but it's important to know what our food contains so we can make better decisions on what's right for us based on our individual needs. Foodeducate Plus allows you to track calories and understand better what exactly is in the food we eat.
- Learn what's in your food in order to make educated decisions when choosing what to eat
- Track calories, diet and exercise
- View foods nutritional grade
- Compare food items to other, healthier alternatives
- Scan product barcodes or browse by category
If you want a calorie tracking app that you can monitor and update with both your iPhone and computer, MyPlate Calorie Tracker could be what you're looking for.
- Large database of food items
- Custom calorie intake based on your requirements
- Hydration tracking
- Social community to help motivate you
- Use website to log your food and fitness information