Simple, no-nonsense app for quickly notifying you of severe weather alerts in a chosen radius from your current location, including Snow Storms, Frost Advisories, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Flood/Fire Warnings and hundreds more. Alerts you with sound even when the phone is lying unused with screen off!
Important: When you install and launch for the first time, the app will ask to turn on push-notifications and location services. Please choose YES to avoid the hassle of having to manually enable them later. Alerts will not work without either of these.
- Browse current advisories on a map
- Get a push-notification whenever an alert is issued within a distance you have specified. You can choose anywhere upto 3 miles only or all the way upto 100 miles.
- Choose type/severity of events you want to receive, including Tornado warnings
- Check the current weather + forecast for any spot on the map
- Your phone will make a siren sound when there is a Tornado Warning nearby!
- Will automatically transition to your new location as you travel, no need to reconfigure anything.
- National UV Alert map and Radar map.
- We have worked very hard to make the system as accurate as possible. The system will not miss an alert issued by the NWS, will not deliver a false alert, and will not deliver duplicate alerts.
- Alerts marked as "Severe" or "Urgent" by the NWS are prioritized by the system for faster delivery to end-users.
- Even though defaults have been tested to be appropriate, you can configure maximum alert frequency to your taste, or turn them off altogether.
Once you setup and put the app in the background, most likely you will never have to open the app again.
Note that if you have *any* question whatsoever while using the app, you can send a quick message to support from within the app, and we *will* respond very fast.
"Great app! Warnings are very accurate. Very trustworthy."
"Good notification time, great reminder and updates on the road."
- This app is useful for users in the US only.